Saturday mornings are the best around here. John loves taking Desmond out on long, adventurous walks and I love the time that this buys me. I can sleep in or do some desperately needed cleaning or in today’s case, give a little love on the blog front. I’ve had a bit of bloggers’-block this week, so I thought I would keep it simple today.
As I sip my coffee and listen to my girl, Melody Gardot, this is what I’m up to this morning and what I’m into lately. Ah, the luxury of loungin’.
- I think I might paint my toes my favorite summer color, Pink a Card, by your girl Sally Hansen.
- Speaking of pink, one of my favorite bloggers over at Raised by Design tells me that pink bathroom tile is making resurgence in popularity. Uhmmm, that’s music to my ears because for those of you who’ve seen my bathroom, you know it’s oh-so Pepto Bismol pink circa 1955. Adding a few cute accessories is doable right now, while a whole renovation isn’t. Her pink bathroom meets geometric desert details collage is inspiring me – check it out.
- And on the inspiration front, earlier this week I watched Oh Joy’s keynote speech given at the Alt Summit in June and I pretty much want her life. She’s a graphic designer turned blogger extraordinaire and happens to have her own product line at Target. Yea, that sounds pretty perfect. I’ve got the graphic designer part down and I’m trying to blog, anyway. PLUS my middle name is Joy. I’m on my way. Now I REALLY want to get to a future Alt summit, too. Not sure about the whole Utah thing, but it’s over my birthday weekend… PERFECT.
- I’ve also been watching a lot of the Alison Show, another blogger/momma/you-tuber who I want to be friends with. She’s always busting out some crazy dance moves and doing something ridiculous and fabulous and goofy. My favorites of hers include her “How to be Awesome” series and her “Sister Minute” segments. She’s got me thinking I need a YouTube channel too!
- You guys have probably seen What’s up Moms’ Elle blowing up on Huffington Post and pretty much everywhere. I can’t stop watching her “I’m so Pregnant,” because frankly I like the spoof better than the original. Other faves include “How to Get Hit on While Pregnant” and “Friends without Kids.”
John just texted me that Desmond called out my name in his sleep as they walked. As much as I’m enjoying this quiet morning, aren’t they almost back yet?